The pH-value measurement is a proven laboratory method for the indirect determination of concentration or density.
The advantage of this method is, it is very inexpensive. PH technology (pH-meter) has the following disadvantages:
- direct contact of the sensitive membrane with the process is necessary
- time drift behavior requires ongoing calibration effort as well as expansive sample fittings and retractables
- high drift requires continuous calibration effort as well as extensive and expensive mounting and sampling technology
- not suitable for typical concentration measurement ranges above 1 % by weight
- pH sensors consist of glass. Because of this fragile material, the application in some processes like food or pharmaceutical is very critical.
< back to: comparison with alternative methods